It seems simple; Marketing is how you get your product or service from point A to point B. In most cases, it means getting your product from your company into the hands of your consumers. Marketing is everything that takes place in between. To save money, time and sleepless nights, most entrepreneurs rely on a marketing plan to define the path between point A and point B. For some it’s a complex plan, while for others it’s a simple outline. In both cases, it’s your road map.
- Analyze the market for your product or service
- Determine the strengths and weaknesses of your product
- Research the strengths and weaknesses of your competition
- Establish the market potential and opportunities for your product
- Identify your brand identity: who you are, or who you should be in the minds of the customer
- Translate your brand identity into branding tools such as names, logos, colors, advertising programs, websites, community relations plans and communication strategies
- Consult on marketing strategies to formulate specific action plans to address critical product or company issues (Help you sort out problems!)